Wednesday 1 October 2014

Review: Tales of the Left Hand, Book 1


Tales of the Left Hand, Book 1
Tales of the Left Hand, Book 1 by John Meagher

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I don't always want an action-packed adventure, but when I do, I want a good one. This is a good one.

There are pirates. There's court intrigue. Secret passages, magic, assassins, rooftop chases, sword fights, it's all here.

I listened to the author's excellent reading via Podiobooks.com (and tipped him there, because it's worth some money), so I can't comment on the editing of the ebook version. I did spot a few very slightly misused words in the audio version.

My only other criticism is that the main character seems a bit innocent and nice for someone who's been sailing round with pirates for ten years, and the assassin/swordfighter likewise. They're delightful characters, though, and I forgive it.

I've started listening to the second book, and I'm glad to hear that a third and fourth are on the way.



View all my reviews

No comments: