Saturday 19 July 2014

Review: Deathmaker


Deathmaker
Deathmaker by Lindsay Buroker

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Lindsay Buroker is incredibly prolific at the moment, and since she's almost an autobuy for me I find myself reading her stuff fairly frequently. I'm in some danger of eventually burning out on her brand of entertaining, amusing but somewhat coincidence-ridden adventure, but this will not be the book that proves the tipping point.

I enjoyed the previous book in the series more than this one, but that's not to say that I didn't enjoy this. There's only one convenient coincidence (the one that puts the heroine in the pilot's seat of a pirate craft), and it isn't so big as to be overwhelming. There's plenty of adventure and a reasonable amount of romance, and a Buroker romance is less silly than average. I did find the ending a bit too neat and easy, but take it for all in all, this is an enjoyable book and I hope she keeps them coming.



View all my reviews

No comments: